Security is important for any type of business, but it’s paramount for warehouses.
Often housing thousands or even millions of dollars’ worth of stock, your warehouse is a critical element of your businesses’ operational infrastructure, and a security breach could have a major impact on your bottom line.
A security camera system is an excellent way to protect your warehouse, inventory and staff. The problem is, it can be difficult to know what the best security camera systems for warehouse facilities are—but we’re here to help.
Types of warehouse security cameras
When choosing a warehouse security camera system, you’ll have the option between several types of cameras, each of which offer their own benefits:
- Bullet cameras: A popular option for warehouses, bullet cameras are good for use both indoors and outdoors. They focus on a fixed point and offer the advantage of being able to capture footage at long distances.
- Turret or dome cameras: A good option for use indoors, but can also be used outdoors. Generally ceiling mounted, they offer a wide viewing angle and often incorporate motion, heat and night vision capabilities. When protected with a dome cover, they’re also tamper proof.
- Pan, Tilt and Zoom (PTZ) cameras: PTZ cameras are a good option if you need to be able to manoeuvre the camera to capture activity in different locations.
- IP cameras: Wireless IP cameras can produce a high-quality picture, wide field of vision and offer the additional advantage of remote access from any location.
Key considerations when choosing the best security camera system for warehouse facilities
Each warehouse has different security requirements, so it’s important to consider which features and functionality are most important to you.
It can be helpful to consider things such as:
- the size and layout of the premises
- the location of entry points
- areas of the warehouse which are difficult to monitor
- whether you require features such as manoeuvrability, night vision, motion detection, live monitoring or virtual patrols.
At Calamity, we can develop a customised camera solution that will provide a superior level of protection based on the individual needs of your warehouse. Contact us today to arrange a no obligation consultation for your warehouse facility.